For children with developmental delays like Cerebral Palsy, simple tasks like standing, walking, and writing require hard work that takes them out of their comfort zone. To honor these children, we are proud to present the 2nd year of WOD for Wyatt and Friends – a family friendly CrossFit workout event where all proceeds will help United Cerebral Palsy of OC provide special needs services to children in need. There are individual workouts and team/family workouts.
WOD for Wyatt is a fun athletic challenge for kids, families and athletic challengers. It is for everyone at any skill level and it is benefitting UCP-OC!
The Workout of the Day (WOD) is designed with elements from CrossFit-style training, obstacle course, bodyweight and old-fashioned teamwork.
WOD for Wyatt
Saturday, April 19, 2014
Next Level Crossfit
22600 Lambert St., Suite 1203
Lake Forest, CA 92630
1 – Family Fitness Carnival – For Families with Young Children
The Family Fitness Carnival consists of several different events that children and parents complete to earn raffle tickets. Points are earned at each station and then raffle tickets are given based on the total number of points earned. This takes place in a carnival-style environment suitable for kids of all ages.
The events include:
- Obstacle Course – balance, crawl and jump your way around as fast as you can
- Beanbag Toss – earn points based on how many bags you can get inside the target
- Clean the Yard – carry as many items from one end to the other in 2 minutes!
- Wall Ball Target Practice – Squat and throw balls to overhead targets, hit as many as you can in 2 minutes.
- Agility Run – Run as fast as you can through the cone course, earn points based on your time
2 – Team Competition – For Competitors or Families with Older Children/Teens
The team competition will be a timed event with the team working together to complete the various movements
- In the Competitive Division, the team must consist of 2 Men and 2 Women and the team must use the Rx weights to be eligible for the Team Prize.
- In the Scaled Division, Teams can be any combination of male and female including kids that are over 12 years old. Scaled Division is not eligible for the Team Prizes, but each participant will earn raffle tickets for the Competitor Raffle.
The movements include:
Indian Run – Run as a team but whoever is in the back has to run to the front.
- Partner Pushups – These will take some coordination, and stamina
- Sandbag Carry Relay – weight varies by level
- Front Squat with Slamball + Overhead Slam – ball weight varies by level
- Sled Push – Push a weighted sled around the course, weight varies by level
3 – Individual Competitor – For Individual Adults of any Fitness Level
The Individual competition will be a timed event to complete the various movements
- In the Competitive Division, the individual must use the Rx weights to be eligible for the Individual Competitor Prizes.
- In the Scaled Division, Individual can choose any weight. Scaled is not eligible for the Individual Competitor Prizes, but will earn raffle tickets for the Competitor Raffle.
The movements are the same as the Team Competition.