When we get down to it, we all like to hear new fun facts about people and places we are invested in. Especially when they are great conversation starters! This week we wanted to share with you our top 10 fun facts about United Cerebral Palsy of Orange County!
Fun UCP-OC Facts:
- Did you know UCP-OC started in 1953 serving 7 children with cerebral palsy?
- UCP-OC provides access to resources all in one place! We offer the most comprehensive suite of services for children with disabilities anywhere in the Orange County community.
- The 5 most prevalent disabilities we serve, in no specific order, are cerebral palsy, developmental delay, autism, Down syndrome and speech disorders.
- Our iPads are used in therapy 40-48 hours a week, equivalent to a full-time therapist’s aid.
- We have 14 therapists on staff with a combined 160.5 years of experience. Four of our therapists have advanced practice certifications in addition to their credentials.
- More than 300 families receive respite care through UCP-OC each year. Respite provides a much-needed break for caregivers, transportation of special needs clients within the community, or assisting with other special care needs. Last month, families received over 6,600 hours of respite and childcare.
- Early Intervention Specialist Ana Reyes has been with UCP-OC for 25 years and has directly impacted over 2,500 families.
- UCP-OC’s Pediatric Medical Board consists of 15 of the county’s finest and most innovative doctors.
- In 2013, 464 new donors learned about UCP-OC and made an impact on the children we serve.
- UCP-OC’s Friday Night Club for Teens and Young Adults with Special Needs founder Natalie Cernius will receive the 2013 National Philanthropy Day Youth Award.